Saturday, January 12, 2019

Another new semester of technology


When classes began on January 7th, I was not mentally nor physically prepared for the beginning of the semester.  While I have taught this technology course for several years, each spring it is different because the nature of the content and the students.  This semester will have an additional challenge because the class is larger than normal, 19 students. Since we have 14 weeks in the semester, we will have 2 blog posts some weeks.  This will also make it challenging for presentations as the students won’t be able to do individual ones.

While this class challenges me every spring, I love teaching it.  Most of the students in the class were in my geometry class in the fall so they have formed relationships with each other and that will make the class more fun.  As usual, there will be tweeting using the hashtag, #Math371.  In fact one of the students already tweeted with that hashtag!

Once again I brought up the idea of having them learn programming and it was met with some groans, with the exception of one student who seemed excited.  He may be the one teaching us how to program and he wants to use Python. 

I look forward to learning a lot again this semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment